The cold weather in winter reduces the secretion of natural oils that are responsible for the softness of the skin, which in turn makes the texture rough, dry and flaky. Besides the change in texture, the skin might be susceptible to swelling, redness, darkening, blotching, spots and premature wrinkles. If left untreated, these can turn into severe skin problems that might lower your confidence level as well. In this blog post, we give an overview of the common reasons of skin pigmentation and its treatment.
Reasons for Skin Pigmentation in Winter
A winter essential, woolen clothes can be skin-friendly or might be rough to the skin. Wearing bad or low-quality woolens can lead to skin darkening. The rough threads in woolen cloth can hurt the skin, making it rough.
A hot water bath is what most of us desire for in winter. While this helps you feel better in cold weather, the impact on the skin could be bad. Hot water can cause tanning and skin discoloration.
Regular intake of alcohol and cigarettes can make the skin dull and dark. In addition to this, if you eat too much of junk and oily food, this could lead to skin darkening
An unhealthy routine could affect the melanin produced in the body and turn the skin dark.
Cure for Skin Pigmentation in Winter
- Adopting a healthy routine and avoiding any kind of stress before winter arrives can help in reducing the problem
- Exercise for at least 20 minutes every day. If possible, work out in morning, as this is the best time to provide warmth to the body and soak in some vitamin D
- Introduce a lot of fruits, pulses, honey, meat, eggs, nuts, vegetables, legumes, cereals, whole grain etc in your diet to revitalize the skin from inside
- Bath with lukewarm water and add a few drops of citrus juice to clear the skin tone
- Drink a minimum of 8-10 glasses of water
- Apply real coconut oil, mudpack and other natural exfoliate to keep the skin healthy and glowing
- Wear soft woolen clothes that are not harsh on the skin
- Drink green tea or herbal tea as they are rich in antioxidants and improve the health of the skin
In addition to the above-discussed tips, you should also include a cream such as Advanced Kit by Melblok in your daily skincare regimen. The product is regarded as the best treatment for pigmentation and also fights the signs of aging to give you a healthy and glowing skin.